Thursday, September 3, 2009

And the Beat goes On.....

Well, we are still among the living! It has been two weeks of school and no one has cashed it in yet! haha! I know that for kids the beginning of school means an end to summer freedom, but to moms it can mean a return to a nice normal routine. Summer is nice with no homework and no worries, but I really like that my children have something constructive (and tiring) to do each day. I am glad that they are not wiling away their time playing video games and watching tv. I love hearing my children read and seeing the glow in their eyes when they pull an assignment from their backpacks that we worked on together and seeing that big smiley face that means the teacher liked our work! This year is a big one for us. My little one started kindergarten and now my little nest is empty until 3:30pm each day! What a crazy time in our lives right now! My kids and I are all in school at the same time. It is a source of constant merriment to my children that I have to do homework too! I do regret some things from my decision to return to school. I miss having time with my kids. I have really been trying so much harder to make "special time" just for them. In fact I finally got a 3 day weekend for Labor Day and we have it all blocked off just for us!! I am pretty excited. I finally get a chance to be in the drivers seat, not just let life drive me! Speaking of schedules.... it is a bit past my bedtime so I better wrap this up. more blogs to follow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment