Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Real Grown-Up Mommy

Today I feel like a real Grown-up Mommy! You know, those mommies who DO cool things, like have friends over and co-coach the team. Young mommies are busy changing diapers and washing baby things, and learning. I have graduated to the next level! My youngest goes into Kindergarten in the fall and my older children are going to be 5th and 3rd graders respectively. Today the youngest is with her dad for part of her summer visitation, the middle is with a friend at the mall, and the oldest is playing video games and eating pizza in his room with his best friend.
Now that the kids are getting older and cementing more long-term friendships I am seeing a new side to my little chicks. I enjoy so much watching them plan their get-togethers with their pals. There has to be just the right outfit and the perfect snacks and activities to enjoy. Does this purse match my shoes? Can we see this movie? Ahhh.... motherhood is sweet! Even with the occasional outburst and the attitude that comes with the age, these are some good times in life my friends, good times!! I just earned my Grown-Up Mommy status... I think I'll have some ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. And maybe I'll have some with you! My oldest is headed to third grade this year, too. But the little one still has a year of pre-school before he can start kindergarten. You're right, though, it's so fun to be a mom right now!

    ReplyDelete