Monday, June 29, 2009

One More Grey Hair

I got the worst call tonight. I received that call that says that a child has been hurt, your child. I knew that at one point this call would come, I just didn't know when. My youngest daughter is with her father for summer break so I have to let her go for a week at a time all summer long when it is his turn again. I got a call from my ex-husband tonight telling me that my daughter had fallen and been knocked unconscious at his house. He was calling to get insurance information so that he could check her into the the ER. I wanted to know what was going on, but of course he wasn't keen to tell me. I rushed to the Hospital to be with my daughter. When I got there my ex was a pain as usual, but my daughter was thrilled to see me. She was scared but sound. She had a slight headache but her CT scan came back ok. I was so relieved to know that she was ok. I know how close a call it could have been. I am so thankful that it wasn't worse. While dealing with my ex is a pain in the backside on the best day, I would have gone through so much more to be there for my little girl. The look on her face when her mommy came through the door made it all worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment