Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Icons Lost

I can't believe that we have lost so many well known personalities in the last few weeks! Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays and Michael Jackson. The news is full of remembrances, memorials, and latest breaking news of each piece of lives lost. I have reflected to myself as I take this all in that in the end it is all the same. It doesn't matter who you are or what fame you have acquired, you can't live forever.
I mean, who would want to right? Isn't part of what makes our will to live so strong the fact that our days are numbered? Supply and demand, our lives are worth so much more to us because we know that it won't last. So instead of living life on a hamster wheel, shouldn't we be living life to the fullest? I don't mean that we should go crazy, spend our life savings in one fell swoop, tell the whole world off, and Thelma and Louis ourselves off a cliff in a convertible. I simply mean that life is precious. This is a fact that will never ever change. With each child born into the world another integral part of life has begun to exist. We are all part of a greater plan, a plan that makes us all equally important. Although our passing may never be documented by a video montage, or broadcast across the nation, we will be missed. I have spent so many years waiting for the 'right moment' to live. Why? Do you have to take a huge vacation or spend a million dollars to be living? How about I take that extra moment to get one more hug from my kids, or take that fifteen minutes take them to the park. I can go ahead and let them have an ice cream cone, what will it really hurt? I don't intend to completely fall off track and fail to expect my children to follow the rules or have morals. I just think that maybe just maybe life is in the living and money and prestige isn't any part of that. I could just be saying that because I don't have any money and I want to feel that I have a chance at grabbing that elusive happiness that so many want. Maybe I just have big dreams. I want to make the most of what I have and to ensure that my children, family and friends know that I love them. I want to be nice because I want to even if it isn't popular. I want to be happy. I am working on that right now!! So to all of you who I love, go out and get some for yourselves! Get happy, get what you deserve. Love your families, love your friends. Go ahead, write your grandmother, call your mom, Live your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment