Wednesday, March 11, 2009

College

So as I mentioned, I am a college student. I love being in school! I am not a great student and my grades right now are just average, but I am loving the experience! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to get an education! I mean to be honest how many people get this chance? Especially when you are 31 years old with kids?? I have to say that I am truly blessed. Once I graduate I will be the first of my parents children to finish school. I look forward to this. I know that it will make my parents very proud. I also really want to do this for myself and my children. I want to be able to provide a better life for my family. I want a nice home with a yard and enough room for all my children to have space to grow. I want something more than our two bedroom two bath apartment. I can't wait to have skills to offer an employer! I have always had to just learn on the fly doing the best that I could and just being a hard worker to impress my bosses. When I get done with school, not only will I still be a hard worker, but I will bring something to the table this time. I will have valuable skills and knowledge to offer an employer.

At times I become so frustrated! Fellow students out there I am sure that you can relate! If I don't do well on an assignment or if I feel that my work won't measure up to my fellow students' then I feel a bit down, but I keep on plugging along. I didn't start this to drop out. As they say I am In it to Win it! I won't quit and I cheer for any other students trying to make this happen. We can do it! We are part of the 20% of the group that actually makes it to an institution of higher learning. So I will hold my head up and throw my shoulders back and do what I must do to get what I want! Good luck to the rest of you as well!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment