Sunday, March 8, 2009

Quick and Healthy Dinners

I am on a mission! I want to find easy healthy meals that I can convince picky children to eat. I am on a very tight schedule and I have so very little time to make dinner when I get home. I am an inexperienced cook, and I go into this adventure with reservations and those aren't dinner reservations! I need to locate meal ideas that my children and I can both agree on. I need those same healthy, yummy cooking masterpieces to take less than 45 minutes to prepare and serve. Not biggie right? Well, It is if you have no idea what you are doing! I am determined to learn! I want more for my family's dinner than merely take-out and Box dinners. There has to be recipes out there that picky children and their equally picky mother can enjoy. I want to incorporate more veggies and whole foods into the mix and maybe just maybe some alternatives to meat? Who knows I might even serve two veggies in one meal! Since I have been in school and working our lifestyle has become much more hectic to say the least. I haven't been working out, the kids haven't adhered to bedtimes, and we have been eating at strange hours and not the most healthy cuisine. In the last year there has been alot of fast food and box dinners. We have begun a schedule of lunchable nights and McDonalds nights, and pizza nights. It is a bit sad that even my youngest child has that schedule memorized! I will pick her up from daycare and she will say "Oh it is McDonalds night!" or whatever meal is designated for that night. So, again I have determined that we are going to get away from this dead end lifestyle and begin a new healthier regimen. I believe that it will not only help me to think and feel better but also aid my children in being more alert in school and having a more productive learning experience. So, anyone who wants to contribute any good tips or recipes to this post... send them! I will be grateful for any and all suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment