Saturday, May 9, 2009

What is Love worth?

What is love worth? How do you know if it is really love? You can't be sure sometimes it seems. The fairy-tales will tell you that love should be perfect and amazing from start to finish. The modern day world would tell you that love is eternal, but if the fun wears off then you move on to a new love. So which one is it? Is love forever or disposable? I don't know sometimes. I have my own situation that doesn't make sense. I am in love myself. I am in a marriage but live like a single mother. I am in love with my husband, but we can't seem to stand to live together. I am not fond of his children because of being burned time and time again. He doesn't care for my children becuase they aren't his own. The question is, what do I do?? We keep holding on, but my question is.. what are we holding on to? Will we finally be able to move back in together someday? I don't know how to work this all out? I don't know how to have a relationship with children that don't even care if I exist, or a husband who thinks they can do no wrong even if it is a dividing factor to us. I dont dislike them entirely, I just have so many negative incidents in my marriage that have come about because of them that I just have a hard time getting close to them knowing that I am just a fly in thier ointment so to speak. My kids aren't perfect, I know this. I have to rein them in all the time... I just dont appreciate a spouse that won't give any of us a chance. With all this you might ask, why do you love him so much. The answer is.. I don't know. I have no control over that part of how I feel. I can't seem to stop loving him even if we don't always agree or if we have problems that seem too hard to solve.. I just don't know. So again my question, what is love worth? Is it worth crying sometimes and hurting sometimes and not really knowing what the future holds? I don't know that answer yet. I guess I will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment