Thursday, April 16, 2009

Free-Write / What are you Passionate about?

What am I passionate about? Well, there are so many things that I am very interested in, but I would have to say that one thing that I am truly passionate about is my work. I don't mean just my job, but my work. I currently work as a therapy tech for a rehabilitation facility. Each day I work with people of different ages and conditions in a setting that promotes healing and activity. I assist the therapists in treating the patients , I keep the therapy area clean and organized, and I make sure the patients are on time to their treatments and organize patient schedules for the following day. I love what I do, but I want even more.
I am in school studying to be an Occupational Therapy Assistant. I want to do more than just assist; I want to treat the patients myself. I want to be involved more deeply in the care and treatment of the wonderful people I work with everyday.
I wonder if you might say that I am also passionate about the people themselves? I love my patients! I find something about each one that I can relate with or understand about them. That process of connection with patients has really allowed me to serve their needs more effectively. The career I am entering is very geared toward serving others. I love the opportunity to make a difference in someone elses life for the better.
I especially enjoy the geriatric population. The elderly age group has so much to share with those of my generation. I experience so many learning moments while working with them. I enjoy the words of wisdom, the patience, and the strength that my older patients show. Even though therapy can at times be painful, the patients are so brave. I am so proud to be involved in therapy and I am so thankful for the chance to help others! I am truly passionate about the work that I am allowed to do! I am thankful for the chance to find something that I can be passionate about. Once you truly find your passion, you have found yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment