Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lost too Long

I got the best message on my MySpace page today! I reconnected with my very long long lost childhood best friend!! We first met when we were being screened for Kindergarten and we were best friends from then on. She moved away for a short time when we were in second grade and I was devastated. I used to have dreams that I would see her somewhere and we would reconnect. A couple of years later she moved back to our hometown and life was good! We shared so many growing up moments together. We went through childhood and the awkward tween stage. Right before we entered our teens my family moved to Wyoming. I lost contact with Angela and time passed. I moved on to a family and a busy life. Through the years I have often wondered about my good friend and I have even tried to find her in various ways without success. I finally just decided that she would be one of those people that you always wonder about and regret losing. Then, miracle of all miracles... there she was! I couldn't believe it!!! She found me! I got the best note from her, telling me that she had missed me too! She had been looking for me and had experienced the same frustrations and almost gave up! I am so glad that we have reconnected! She was my first best friend, and no one has ever replaced her in my life. I have had many good friends in my life, but she was so very special! I look forward to catching up with her and re-establishing our friendship!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have found this friend - at a time when you could use this kind of support. Good for you! ~Ms. A

    ReplyDelete