Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

I got to spend a whole weekend with my favorite guy in fabulous Las Vegas!!! My husband and I have hit alot of rough patches in our relationship, it definitely isn't easy coming from previous failed marriages, bringing children into the mix and trying to create a family. We broke up and then got back together, we fought and made up.. it is a growing process. On top of that we have also had to deal with financial stress and other environmental factors in our lives. He had a major career change and we moved to Springfield. It wasn't easy for me to leave my cute little community where I had my comfort zone of friends, family and a good job. I made the decision to follow my husband and here we are. We let things come between us and we started to have alot of disagreements about kids and kid issues. The fighting and tension got progressively worse and we decided to separate. At first I wasn't sure how it was all going to work. We didn't talk about divorce, although we have before. We just gave each other space and let things go their way. We have been doing really well the last few weeks. It hasn't been an easy journey by any means, but we are still here. I love this man so much. I know that we mess up sometimes and say things we don't mean, but we always come right back to each other. We really are meant to be it seems. Anyway, I got the chance to join him on the Vegas trip he won through work! It was so exciting! He has earned his way into the top 2% of his company in sales. He was honored for this achievement with an all expense paid trip. I had never been to Vegas and I was so giddy to be experiencing it with him. It was a whirlwind weekend. The first night we had a formal dinner, with a live band and delicious food. The next day we got to float down the Colorado River!! That was AWESOME!!!! 4 hours on the water watching beautiful scenery and taking in the wonder of new surroundings. I enjoyed being with my guy through all this. I love to travel and with school and kids and work this is was just what the Doctor ordered!!! We had to head out on Sunday morning, so the trip wasn't terribly long, but it was still a good time! I got to walk the strip and take pictures of the lights, check out the shows at all the sights and sounds of Las Vegas. On the way home things got a bit messy, our flight was cancelled, we got to spend a night in a hotel, catch another flight out the next day and miss school and work.. at least I did. But all in all, we had a good time, I got to see Vegas, and we did really well together.. so there is that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment