Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Very Private Public Thank - You

I am writing tonight about a very special someone. No, not who you might think. It isn't my husband, my children, my parents or my friends. I am writing about my college English Professor. Actually professor really isn't the word I would pick for to describe her, she is my Teacher. I think that is a word she would like better. My English teacher is quite a lady. I am sure that she doesn't know that I have this particular opinion of her and that is folly on my part. Maybe she will read this and come to know, or maybe I will just send it to her so that she can see what I am too shy to say to her face. I think she is wonderful and I admire her very much. I enjoy her wisdom and to tell the truth, envy her a bit. She is educated, classy, well spoken and attractive. She carries herself with the air of someone who is comfortable in their own skin, and likes the person that she is. I wish I felt that way about myself, maybe that is why I enjoy being in her presence, as some of her charm might come my way. I enjoy her class very much She has made me want to write. I still don't feel very comfortable at it, that will take more time, but I finally feel like I should express myself. I have always kept my thoughts to myself, thinking no one cared to hear them. Mrs. A has shown me that sometimes you write just for you and the audience will find you . I have learned that words hold so much more power than I ever thought. I like her little anecdotes for life, I hope that I can remember all of them so that I can use them! I like the class so much that I actually speak out in class which I am NEVER comfortable doing. I wish I didn't struggle so much at times with the assignments. I am not very confident in my ability to interpret what she expects from an assignment, but I do try. I wish that I had an excuse to take another English class, but sadly I do not. Maybe I will be privileged enough to keep in contact with her in some manner after my time in her class has passed. I hope so. If you get the chance to read this Mrs. A., Thank you so much for teaching me. Thank you for helping me to grow. Thanks for taking the time to help a withered overwhelmed 30 something mom feel like a real college student. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Autumn - Without you, and other students like you, I woul not be a teacher. I love teaching and am glad it shows in my work. You have truly touched my heart, reminded me why I do what I do, and made my day, maybe my year. Ms. A

    ReplyDelete