Saturday, July 18, 2009

Parents

I got the chance to spend some time with my parents tonight. I really truly enjoyed it! I love my mom and dad so very much, but these days it seems like I just don't see them as much as I would like. My long hours at work and school are a factor as well as distance. They live 45 minutes away from me so it is hard at times to get together. When I saw them this particular evening, I was given the news that my Dad has been dealing with some health problems recently. It is hard for me at times to accept that my parents are getting older and that someday I will have to be without them. I really don't like facing that reality at all. I was really grateful that I was able to give my parents some advice regarding the issues based on what I have learned through training at my job. I am thankful that my education and training has allowed me to contribute to preserving my fathers health. I know that someday I will be called upon to care for my parents in their later years and I accept that without a problem. I would consider it an honor. I hope that all my training in the healthcare field somehow makes a difference in the quality of life that my parents experience. I have the best mother and father in the world and it is only the very best for them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope it's nothing too terribly serious. You're right, your parents are pretty awesome. I'll keep them (and you!) in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete