Saturday, July 11, 2009

Life sucks, but the benefits are good

I am having a day today. I am betting that there are many divorced moms out there that are. I absolutely hate dealing with my ex-husband. He has to make each and every thing that involves our daughter a nightmarish ordeal. I have been driving all the way to his house practically for over a year and recently I asked for the meeting place to be moved a little closer to halfway between our homes here in town.. a mere 5 blocks away from his home. No can do.. evidently our divorce papers from when we lived in Bolivar say that if we can't agree on a meeting spot that it defaults to Bolivar. Can you believe that? So of course because I asked him and heaven forbid that he actually cooperate with anything that I ask for, he refused to meet me at the new spot. He demanded that since I didn't want to drive where he wanted that I would have to meet him in Bolivar. He even tried to call the Sheriff's Department and have action taken against me because I wasn't doing things his way. I am so mad right now!!! All the while, my little girl who I had cleaned and dressed pretty and ready to go was asking why he didn't want to come pick her up. How can I tell my baby girl that the reason is because he would rather jack with her mom than get her for his visitation? After driving 45 minutes to meet his unreasonable demands and having to bite my tongue at his self righteous smirking and jabs at my expense, I spent much of the night crying and emotionally spent from the whole mess. I considered several possibilities some of which considered hiring a hit man, I decided that I was just going to have to figure out how to raise money for a good lawyer. I just can't let him walk all over me for the rest of my life. I need to take a stand and show my daughter that I am not a doormat. I want to set a good example of compassion and love, but this is just too much! Plus she shouldn't have to see him treat me the way he does. So it is time, it is just time.

1 comment:

  1. I have not been in your shoes, but I wish you all the luck in the world.

    ReplyDelete