Saturday, July 18, 2009

When the little ones head to school

The new school year is quickly approaching and so begins a new era for our family! My littlest munchkin goes off to Kindergarten this fall! I can't believe that she has grown so quickly! As I held her today I paid special attention to all the changes. Was she this heavy when she went to her Dad's last week? She definitely looks taller, I do believe. Has she always been so grown up? Ahh... I sigh, my little girl is quickly becoming less little. Maybe if I put a few pretty bows in her hair it will slow down the process? No, No.. it just isn't "cool" mom. Well then I will just take a few seconds longer to let her go from the hugs, and kiss her still plump cheeks a few extra times perhaps. Why do little ones grow so fast??
My other two children haven't made this any easier. My son has grown by leaps and bounds and informs me that this year he will need to be dropped off before we get to the school door, and my oldest daughter is more interested in the 'tween' clothing choices than the more girlie options that I would have picked. Training bras? Oh dear, I think maybe that is more training for Mommies that need a chance to get ready for the puberty that is coming. So many big changes this school year.
It hasn't even started and I already have a list of things to prepare for this school year! But when you are a working, schooling, crazy mom of three... well lists are your life and anything not planned a month in advance is just procrastination! To all you Moms out there.. I am so there!!! Good luck to you all! I know that I am going to need all I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment